A A
RSS

BBQ Brushes Can Be Hazardous

Tue, Jul 26, 2005

BBQ News

Wow, ick. Believe it or not, according to this article there’s been a number of people seriously injured by injesting metal bristles that have dislodged from their BBQ brush:

In the last year, doctors at Toronto’s Hospital for Sick Children have had to remove broken-off wire bristles from the throats of three patients, and in one case the barb had migrated through the child’s neck and could have perforated a major blood vessel.

The bristles had been left behind on the grill after the brushes were used to scrub off that greasy gunk left behind by flaming steaks, burgers and other fare — then got stuck on food that was subsequently cooked.

Tags:

Comments are closed.

Categories